Senior Kindergarten (SK) is offered at Albert College on a full-time basis in a state-of-the-art specially designed classroom space located at the Parrott Junior School on Albert’s main campus at 39 Parker Street.
When children arrive for Senior Kindergarten, many of them will be embarking on their first-ever experience of “full-time” schooling. Students will join their counterparts in Grades 1 to 6 for a full slate of learning Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each week. After a year of preparation in Junior Kindergarten, we are convinced that these students will make the transition to full-time schooling with relative ease. We believe that full-time instruction will benefit both children and their families as the groundwork continues to be laid for success in Grade 1 and beyond.
In Senior Kindergarten, children need a warm, inviting, accepting and supervised program that will stimulate their growth and development and maintain their curiosity about learning. Our expanded full-time Senior Kindergarten program will work to further strengthen our students’ social, emotional and physical skills with varied opportunities to explore reading, writing, mathematics, science and technology, social studies and the arts. Senior Kindergarten students are introduced to the latest technology and enjoy using classroom iPads to document their learning and for teacher-supported research.
In addition, the SK program offers daily French instruction and physical education. Our music program at the College is nurtured and valued beginning in Pre-K and JK. Our music specialist ensures a quality age-appropriate program that honours the rich tradition of musical and personal development.
What makes us unique?
- Fully secure locked building
- Target class size of 16 students
- Optional after-school care program (3:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M.)
- Accredited by the Canadian Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
- Full hot lunch and snacks provided daily
- School nurse and infirmary on campus
- Balanced daily schedule with academic blocks, open centers, large and small group instruction, and structured rest time
- Consistent and professional daily care for children
- Stronger connection to school and school peers
- Fewer daily transitions for full-time students
- Strong foundation for ongoing study in the Junior School
- Home-school partnership established early and strengthened
|Senior Kindergarten (Full-Time)||$15,320||* $1,000|