“My daughter thinks every day at school is awesome. I drop her off each morning confident that she is safe and well cared for. Knowing that she has a wonderful teacher who is encouraging and kind, and that she is fed delicious, nourishing snacks and lunches makes ME feel awesome too. Now, if only I could have lunch at Albert College too…” – Elizabeth Saunders, SK Parent
Senior Kindergarten (SK) is offered at Albert College on a full-time basis in a state-of-the-art specially designed classroom space located at the Parrott Junior School on Albert’s main campus at 39 Parker Street.
When children arrive for Senior Kindergarten, many of them will be embarking on their first-ever experience of “full-time” schooling. Students will join their counterparts in Grades 1 to 6 for a full slate of learning Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each week. After a year of preparation in Junior Kindergarten, we are convinced that these students will make the transition to full-time schooling with relative ease. We believe that full-time instruction will benefit both children and their families as the groundwork continues to be laid for success in Grade 1 and beyond.
In Senior Kindergarten, children need a warm, inviting, accepting and supervised program that will stimulate their growth and development and maintain their curiosity about learning. Our expanded full-time Senior Kindergarten program will work to further strengthen our students’ social, emotional and physical skills with varied opportunities to explore reading, writing, mathematics, science and technology, social studies and the arts. Senior Kindergarten students are introduced to the latest technology and enjoy using classroom iPads to document their learning and for teacher-supported research.
In addition, the SK program offers daily French instruction and physical education. Our music program at the College is nurtured and valued beginning in Pre-K and JK. Our music specialist ensures a quality age-appropriate program that honours the rich tradition of musical and personal development.
What makes us unique?
- Fully secure locked building and private, fenced SK playground
- Target class size of 16 students
- Optional after-school care program on site (3:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M.)
- Daily transportation available to and from school via Albert College transportation
- French and music classes taught by specialist faculty members
- Accredited by the Canadian Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
- Full hot lunch and snacks provided daily
- School nurse and infirmary on campus
- Balanced daily routine with academic blocks, open centers, group lessons and individual instruction
- Educational field trips included for no additional fee
- Consistent and professional daily care for children
- Strong connection to school and school peers
- Strong foundation for ongoing study in the Junior School
- Home-school partnership established early and strengthened
|Senior Kindergarten (Full-Time)||$15,320||* $1,000|
Currently offering an enrolment incentive of up to $5,000 for SK students. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.