Health Centre Staff (Full-Time Monday to Friday)
POSITION: Full-time Health Centre Staff
START DATE: A mutually agreed upon date
CONTRACT DATES: December - June 2017 with full-time contract commencing August
DESCRIPTION: Health Centre Staff will provide quality medical service for Albert College students and staff. The successful candidate must be available to work weekends and evenings and have access to reliable transportation. Public health experience and experience working with children aged 4 – 18 years would be considered assets. A Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check and a Certificate of Competence from the Ontario College of Nurses are required.
REMUNERATION: Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To provide quality medical service for Albert College students and staff.
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer and Assistant Head – Senior School
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing primary and emergency health care and follow up for the students, staff and invited guests.
- Assessing and treating physical/mental health of clients and promoting prevention of disease through healthy lifestyles.
- Assisting with the education and care of public health issues (e.g. lice, chicken pox, etc.)
- Providing confidential social/emotional counselling for students and staff and referrals to community agencies as appropriate.
- Scheduling appointments for students with school physician, community health professionals, and off-site therapy appointments.
- Communicating with parents regarding their child’s health care as appropriate.
- Assisting with school physician visits and follow up.
- Assist in the immunization program.
- Arranging appropriate transportation to medical related appointments.
- Maintaining accurate, confidential, comprehensive and up-to-date records.
- Attending school life functions as required.
- Be well versed in Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act including workplaces with over 50 employees, first aid responsibilities, injury reporting and follow up.
- Liaising with the Finance Office to manage WSIB claims and medical documentation required.
- Ensuring that the Health Centre is properly maintained with emergency care equipment and supplies, and provisioning first aid kits for school use.
- Providing confidential counseling services for students and staff and referrals to community agencies as appropriate.
- Serving on the Health and Safety Committee.
- Assisting with health classes, providing materials/information and teaching assistance if requested.
- Arranging, managing and providing a resource centre for health related information, including workshops and speakers.
- Maintain and uphold all of the College’s Health and Safety Policies including but not limited to following safe work procedures, knowing and complying with all the laws and regulations, reporting any injury or illness immediately, reporting unsafe acts and conditions along with the overriding principle of taking reasonable precautions in the circumstances to protect his/herself.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Computer literate.
- Working with staff/students on a daily basis (communicating with parents).
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Assisting physicians on clinic days, desensitization programs specialist referrals.
- Liaising with local health unit, community mental health and crisis intervention centre.
Registered Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse (Professional Nurse’s Training)
Please submit a resume and covering letter by Monday, December 18, 2017 to:
Head of School
160 Dundas Street West, Belleville, Ontario K8P 1A6
Fax: 613.968.9651 firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Albert College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation.