Residential Staff – Summer School
Albert College currently has a position available for Residential Staff – Summer School. Reporting to the Summer School Coordinator, the successful applicant would participate in the rotation for evening and weekend supervision of residential students. The role of the residential team is to:
- Provide a supportive family environment for all students in residence
- Encourage and foster an environment of respect, tolerance and support
- Act as a positive role model for the students while upholding a responsible and positive system of discipline
Vision Statement: Albert College is an international university preparatory school committed to academic excellence and recognized for developing courageous global citizens within a close family environment.
Start Date: July 30, 2018
End Date: August 25, 2018
REMUNERATION: The successful applicant will be required to live in residence. Room and board will be provided as well as an allowance of approximately $2,000 for the term indicated.
TITLE: Residential Staff – Summer School
REPORTS TO: Summer School Coordinator
To work with the residential team providing a supportive family environment for all summer students in the residence. To encourage an environment of respect, tolerance and cheerfulness. To provide opportunities for leadership and character development while upholding a system of discipline which is responsible and positive.
- Acts as a good role model for students at all times.
- Maintains appropriate school dress and personal grooming.
- Exercises discretion around the issue of adult guests within the residential staff member’s apartment.
- Maintains and upholds all of the College’s Health and Safety Policies including but not limited to following safe work procedures, knowing and complying with all the laws and regulations, reporting any injury or illness immediately, reporting unsafe acts and conditions along with the overriding principle of taking reasonable precautions in the circumstances to protect his/herself.
- Assist in the supervision of non-academic hours and work with the Finance Office to maintain proper record of hours worked.
- Plan and supervise weekend excursions and other co-curricular activities for summer school, including setting the itinerary, overseeing proper supervision, booking travel/venues, and completing paperwork for the Finance Office.
- In conjunction with Admission Office, arrange travel as required which may include accompaniment of students to and from the airport and supervising students who have late departures or early arrivals at either the start or conclusion of summer school.
- Liaise with teachers to confirm student’s homework assignments.
- Report on student progress in residence.
- Liaise with the kitchen staff to ensure the availability and continuity of meals for all summer students.
- Administer basic first aid and support health and medical needs of residential students.
- Assist with education regarding security and fire plans.
- Be accessible to the students in the residence, even when not on duty.
- Attend weekly meetings with Summer School Coordinator
- Assist in the supervision of daily activities outside of academic time
- Assist in securing the residence and school in “off hours”.
- Assist with attendance and the monitoring of study halls, sign-ins/outs, and evening study hall.
- Assist with daily room inspections.
- Assist with meal sign-ins and proper conduct in the dining hall.
- Liaise with the Summer School Coordinator should a summer student breach the Code of Conduct and general expectations of the school and summer school.
- Assist in emergency situations.
- Living in residence is required
- Work requires movement throughout the campus
- Hours can be irregular due to residential counseling requirements
- Transporting students to and from excursions and airport
Please submit a resume, covering letter and supporting documents by February 15, 2018 to:
Mrs. Dianne Purdie, Assistant Head – Senior School
160 Dundas Street West, Belleville, Ontario K8P 1A6
We thank all applicants. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Albert College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation.