Summer School Teacher - ESL and Grade 12 English
TERM: July 30 - August 24, 2018
DESCRIPTION: The candidate for this position is a qualified teacher with strengths in the area of English and a knowledge of the Ontario curriculum. Duties include teaching one course and supporting the learning of students in a summer school setting. The candidate will also be required to assist in the supervision of one weekend excursion.
SALARY: $4,500 per session
Housing accommodations for each session may be arranged by request.
TITLE: Summer School Faculty
REPORTS TO: Summer School Coordinator
- Works to provide a supportive, caring environment for all students that fosters respect, tolerance, and support.
- Preserves the detailed and confidential knowledge of matters related to students, alumni, and the affairs of the College. Therefore, not in any way use, divulge, furnish or make accessible to any person, either during employment or any time thereafter, any confidential information relating to students, alumni or the affairs of the College, acquired in the course of employment with the College.
- Maintain and uphold all of the College’s Health and Safety Policies including but not limited to following safe work procedures, knowing and complying with all the laws and regulations, reporting any injury or illness immediately, reporting unsafe acts and conditions along with the overriding principle of taking reasonable precautions in the circumstances to protect his/herself.
- Acts as a good role model for students at all times.
- Maintains appropriate school dress and personal grooming.
If Residing On Campus:
- Places the duty of care above the consumption of alcohol even during “off-duty” hours.
- Exercises discretion around the issue of adult guests within the residential staff member’s apartment.
- The Summer School teacher agrees to teach diligently and faithfully the classes or subjects assigned by the Head of School, to inspire academic excellence, self-confidence and sound morale values, to act competently, loyally and in a trustworthy manner in accordance with the College’s best interests, and to devote his/her full time and attention to his/her duties and responsibilities as Summer School teacher.
- Liaise with summer school residential staff daily.
- Attend weekly meetings with Summer School Coordinator.
- Perform one weekend supervisory duty.
- Work requires movement throughout the campus.
- Hours may be irregular due to homework assistance.
- Strong listening and communication skills for dealing with a wide variety of people and issues.
- Appreciation of different cultures.
- Ability to protect confidentiality and manage trust of the entire community.
- Ability and talents to participate fully in the lives of Albert students.
- Good organization and computer skills.
- Experience in dealing with adolescent issues.
Please submit a resume, covering letter and supporting documents by February 15, 2018 to:
Mrs. Dianne Purdie, Assistant Head – Senior School
160 Dundas Street West, Belleville, Ontario K8P 1A6
We thank all applicants. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Albert College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation.