The 1857 Society honours individuals who indicate they are making a legacy gift to Albert College.
Share Your Legacy
Share your legacy and give the gift of education. By including Albert College in your estate plans and becoming a member of the 1857 Society, you give us the power to plan for the future of Albert College. Your support through a legacy gift will make a significant impact on the lives of future generations at Albert College.
If you have already planned to make a legacy gift to Albert College, please let us know by completing and sending us the 1857 Society Gift and Recognition Information Form.
1857 Society members enjoy the following benefits:
- Special event invitations and other communications including the Head of School’s report and an invitation to an annual 1857 Society reception at the Head of School’s home.
- Recognition on the 1857 Society donor plaque and Wall of Distinction located in the front rotunda and acknowledgement in Albertalks.
- Satisfaction from assisting to ensure the continued success of Albert and its students from around the world.
Planning your gift of education
There are a number of charitable-giving options - options that suit you and your family’s needs now and in the future, allowing you to leave a legacy of support for Albert College. Often you can achieve significant tax benefits through estate planning. We encourage you to seek professional legal and financial advice.
A legacy gift may be made in a variety of ways including bequests in your will, a gift of life insurance, a portion of your retirement fund, an annuity, trust, or other residual interest gifts.
Legacy Gift Designation
You may choose to restrict your legacy gift to a specific mission-appropriate area of interest and this may be arranged through the Advancement Office. Any undesignated legacy gifts will be directed to our Endowment Funds. A named endowment fund may be established with a gift of $25,000. The Endowment Funds are managed by an independent financial organization and overseen according to the investment policies set by the Board of Governors.
The following are important facts about legacy giving:
- Considers personal and family needs
- Is tailored to your financial situation
- Usually is made from assets, not current income
- Is a tax-effective way of giving
- Enables you to leave a legacy
For more information about making a legacy gift and becoming a member of the 1857 Society, please contact the Advancement Office at email@example.com or call (1) 613-968-5726.