Does becoming an ambassador for Albert College interest you? For years, many alumni have been acting as ambassadors for the College by assisting with admissions fairs and promoting Albert College.
The purpose is to highlight Albert College across Canada and throughout the world. Near or far, wherever you live, we need alumni volunteers who can assist us as ambassadors in one or more of the following ways:
- By distributing or displaying brochures in your place of business and encouraging friends to do the same
- By writing a testimonial about your Albert College experience for the Advancement Office’s marketing materials
- By inviting family, friends and colleagues to attend admissions fairs and open houses
- By acting as a school reference for prospective parents who have questions and by contacting potential parents in your area
- By offering, with assistance from the Admission Office, to hold small information sessions in your home for friends and acquaintances
For further information about the role of the Albert ambassador and to express your interest, please contact the Advancement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an alumni ambassador you can truly make a difference for Albert!
Thank you to all class agents for your commitment to and support of Albert College.
These alumni volunteers serve as an important link between Albert College and our alumni worldwide. Class agents assist classmates and the College in a number of ways; by keeping in touch and informed about the College, assisting to find alumni who have become “lost trails”, providing assistance for the planning of special events, attending College events when possible and encourage alumni attendance, assisting with fundraising, promoting the College in their home cities and encouraging classmates to submit news for Albertalks.
If you are interested in becoming a class agent please contact the Advancement Office at email@example.com or call 613-968-5726 ext. 2268
Alumni Volunteer Award
Alumni Volunteer Award Recipients:
- 2001 - Ronald D. Webster '55
- 2002 - Dorothy (Wiltse) Irwin '48
- 2003 - Everett English '58
- 2004 - Lawrence W. Hird '47
- 2005 - Gord Mylks '59
- 2006 - Rick Gowdy '67
- 2007 - Jean (Mitchell) Goodier '58
- 2008 - David Smith '59
- 2009 - Katita Stark '66
- 2010 - Neil Smith '59
- 2011 - Maureen (Edness) Eddy '70
- 2012 - Heather (Mann) Haigh '93
- 2013 - Nicola Geoghegan-Morphet '99
- 2014 - John Barritt '68
- 2015 - Bob Wright '67
- 2016 - no recipient
- 2017 - Paul Goyette '42
- 2018 - no recipient
The Albert College Alumni Association introduced the Alumni Volunteer Award in 2001 to recognize and celebrate the outstanding commitment and dedication of the College’s alumni volunteers. The Alumni Volunteer Award is presented annually at Convocation.
This award is for recognition of alumni who have demonstrated outstanding volunteer involvement with Albert College in the following categories:
- Fundraising on a significant scale: (a) outstanding effort (b) organization (c) results
- Introduction of a program(s) which bring positive results and/or prominence to the College as a premier learning institution
- Leadership – Strong leadership role in the association and/or in a major alumni initiative
- Active alumni volunteer involvement resulting in tangible benefits to the College (can include Board membership and activities)
- Long term commitment to the mission of Albert College and support and involvement with alumni activities
If there is an alumni that you feel deserves this recognition please take the time to show your gratitude and nominate him/her. All nominations must be received by March 31 of the current year. Please note that the Nomination Form below must be downloaded and saved to your computer for the form to be filled out and submitted digitally. Please submit nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Albert College Alumni Association established the Alumni Scholarship Fund in 2004 through generous contributions from alumni. The purpose is to provide scholarship(s) to a Senior School student(s) who best meets the following description:
The Alumni Scholarships will be given to a relative of an alumni. If there is no qualified application there will be no scholarship awarded in that year.
It will be awarded to Senior School student(s) in Grade 9 through 12. Financial need will be taken into consideration by the selection committee when the amount awarded exceeds 15% of the boarding student fees. Applicants should have demonstrated achievement in Academics, Arts, Athletics, Active Citizenship and Adventure.
The scholarship will be renewable contingent upon satisfactory academic progress demonstrated by a 70% average on the March report card and a final June report average of 65% or greater. In addition the candidate must demonstrate contribution to life at Albert College which will be assessed using the scholarship rubric of 5 'A’s excluding Adventure. The recipient must achieve a minimum score of 45 out of 80.
Please feel free to contact the Advancement Office for further information about the Alumni Scholarship Fund. Alumni are encouraged to support Albert College and to make a gift to the Alumni Scholarship Fund.
Alumni Scholarship Recipients:
- Aiden Fortier 2017-18
- Emily Stevens 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16 & 2016-17
- Laura Manning 2011-12 & 2012-13
- Kathleen Harrison 2008-09, 2009-10 & 2010-11
- Ashley McCullough 2006-07 & 2007-08
All applications must be received by January 31 of the current year. Please note that the Application Form below must be downloaded and saved to your computer for the form to be filled out and submitted digitally.