Landing Nav



Landing Image

Citizenship and Immigration Canada requires international students studying in Canada to have a legal guardian/custodian if they are under the age of 18. This legal guardian is a support for the student and acts as a contact for the school. The guardian must be English speaking, a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, over the age of 21 and must reside in Ontario.

Albert College, along with a growing number of other independent schools, utilizes the professional services of International Student Guardianship Canada (ISGC). Founded in 2006, ISGC has continued to provide superior guardianship services to students from more than 40 countries. International boarding students' families have two options for securing a guardian:

Option 1:

An International family may identify their own Ontario-based guardian for their son or daughter. The guardian must be English speaking and over the age of 21. 

Option 2:

If you do not have a guardian for your child, Albert College has retained the professional services of International Student Guardianship Canada (ISGC). ISGC assists our international families in a variety of capacities. 

We also work with Yiyan (Ryan) Zhao of International Student Service Inc (ISSI), email, WeChat ID issicanada, who services families from China.  Please contact them or an agency of your choice to ensure timely visa processing.  Once fees have been received by us, we will send the original documents to the person responsible for processing your study permit/visa application.

Discover Albert Button