The 1857 Society recognized individuals who have made a confirmed planned gift to Albert College such as a bequest, gift of life insurance, gift annuity or charitable remainder trust in their will.
Share Your Legacy
Share your legacy and give the gift of education. By including Albert College in your estate plans and becoming a member of the 1857 Society, you give us the power to plan for the future of Albert College. Your support through a legacy gift will make a significant impact on the lives of future generations at Albert College.
1857 Society members enjoy the following benefits:
- Special event invitations and communication and an invitation to the Leadership Reception each year at Albert College.
- Recognition on the 1857 Society donor plaque located in the front rotunda, listed on our website and acknowledgement in the Annual Donor Impact Report.
- Satisfaction from assisting to ensure the continued success of Albert and its students from around the world for years to come.
The following are important facts about planned giving:
- Considers personal and family needs
- Is tailored to you and your unique financial situation
- Usually is made from assets, not current income
- Is a tax-effective way of giving
- Enables you to leave a legacy
A legacy gift may be made in a variety of ways including bequests in your will, a gift of life insurance, a portion of your retirement fund, an annuity, trust, or other residual interest gifts.
For more information about making a planned gift and becoming a member of the 1857 Society, please contact Melanie Barrett, Director of Development at email@example.com or call 613-968-5726 ext. 2254.